With an extensive network of helpful neighbors, dedicated staff and committed supporters, SVdP delivers direct assistance to those in Alameda County who need a helping hand but don't simply want a hand out.
- More than 150,000 people receive services annually from SVdP
- In fiscal year 2011-12, SVdP served over 185,000 hot meals to men, women and children who otherwise would have gone hungry
- The Kitchen of Champions culinary training prgoram graduated 67 students in fiscal year 2011-12
- Over 300 people attended Job Club through the Champion Workforce program in fiscal year 2011-12; Champion Workforces an average of 60 transitional employment jobs at SVdP annually
- In 2010, nearly 500,000 pounds of electronic waste were diverted, over 1 million pounds of materials were recycled, and almost 6 million pounds of materials were reused
- Volunteers logged in over 25,000 hours of service last year